Wednesday 20 February 2013

Wednesday words

I opened the curtains this morning and looked out on our big pre-spring garden, still fairly new to me, and waiting for me to make it my own, removing weeds and plants that aren't me. It got me thinking….

Life, it seems, is like a garden; You have the seeds to make Your perfect garden grow.
The past is just life's compost heap, gone, but still of use to help the seeds you want to sow.
Any weed that dares to raise it's head should be removed to stop it's spread.
So diligent weeding of your estate will change your life, it's not too late.

This is what the last tenant left for us to enhance the garden!

This is after clear up last spring, almost same as it is now, save a bit of mowing, pruning and a shed base at the bottom waiting for the shed to go up!



``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````


Dumfries Honeymoon

Gentle mist, an angel's kiss,
wreathes the distant purple hills;
Chessboard fields in shades of green
their 'playing pieces' lives unseen.

Ranks of 'soldiers', dark and green
climb the hills, no space between;
Giggling showers of liquid light
pour down the hills, a gentle might.

A peace so dense a knife could cleave
a tranquil haven too blessed to leave;
My heart and soul is soon renewed
when life that 'real' cannot intrude.

I lately wasted many sighs,
with tears of sadness in my eyes;
Now, sighs of joy caress my soul
and make my happinesses whole.

T.





No comments:

Post a Comment