Friday 23 August 2013

You should have accepted this by now!

You should have accepted this by now!

Piece by piece,
quietly, 
so no-one notices,
i'll leave.

They've got so use
to noticing me not, 
that it will be some time 
before they see i've gone.

And no amount of protestations,
were they all forewarned of my departure,
could convince me this is not the only thing to do
to shake the burden of my 'whole dependance'
'usefulness expended' millstone image of myself I view.

I saw first hand, in previous years
how 'whole dependancy' can eat a soul away;
the loss of independence is a canker
hidden from the view of all but who it feeds upon,
until it's host, when but a shell,
can find the hammer, to reduce the egg to dust
and then be gone.

Perhaps i'm weak,
should have, by now
accepted all my limitations,
just stuck out my chin
in preparation for the latest blow;
found something useful I can do
to fill the empty hours
that shaking hands, and foggy brain
are able to complete
without frustration at a stitch that's dropped
or flower painted on a card besmirched
and blotched.

But, if I Do accept my situation
and stop the angry, anguished cries;
frustration at continuing demise
of independence and abilities;
then have I not lost all my fight,
that keeps me 'sane' and
stops me disappearing out into the night?

So, if i'm just expected to
sit quietly, and not disturb the view,
then I will let you think that's so,
but, piece by piece 
i'll lose myself, and go.





No comments:

Post a Comment